Become a Volunteer
Hearts & Voices Musicians
LIFEbeat’s Hearts & Voices is seeking musicians to perform for people living with AIDS in healthcare facilities throughout New York City. LIFEbeat hosts 3 to 4 H&V events per week at various locations. This is a unique opportunity for artists to volunteer and leave a memorable impact on many who may not otherwise get to see live music. These intimate shows are the highlight of many patients’ days, and are very gratifying for the performers as well.
- All types of music welcome.
- Basic PA equipment at all the facilities. Some facilities have a piano.
- Time commitment: A show typically takes place between 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. and lasts for approximately 30 to 45 minutes.
- If you are a musician and would like to participate in Hearts & Voices please reach out to email@example.com.
Hearts & Voices Assistants
Hearts & Voices needs volunteers to help set-up performance spaces. This is a wonderful and gratifying opportunity for to work directly with people and see a high quality, intimate live performance.
- Volunteer time commitment: 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Help set up performance space and assist with other services as needed.
- If you’d like to volunteer with Hearts & Voices, please fill out the Volunteer Application Form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local Tour Outreach volunteers staff informational tables at concert venues in New York City. The tables provide information about HIV/AIDS, referrals to local testing sites, program services, and free safe sex and harm reduction materials. This is a great opportunity for volunteers to spread the prevention message in the relaxed, peer-based atmosphere of concert venues.
- Time commitment: volunteers typically spend 2-3 hours at a venue between 5 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Ideal age range: 16 – 30 years old.
- If you’d like to participate with Local Tour Outreach, please fill out the Volunteer Application Form and send it to email@example.com.
Volunteers assist staff members with individual projects and provide general office assistance such as answering phones, photocopying, data entry, running errands, and other administrative tasks. Office volunteers must go through a general Lifebeat orientation session and should have some spare time between the hours of 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. on any weekday. If you would like to be an office volunteer, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteers for LIFEbeat’s special fundraising events are chosen from the pool of volunteers who provide regular help in any of the three areas listed above.
Individuals who would like to donate their professional services (e.g. graphic design, computer programming/networking, catering, photography, etc.) should contact Brett Spigelman at email@example.com.
Not in NYC? Find a local LIFEbeat partner organization.